Good day everyone and welcome to June!
Here’s hoping that the provincial restrictions will be relaxed sufficiently very soon so we can announce a few local drives. Talking of which I am pleased to report that we have four teams ready to lead you on drives in different geographic areas across southern Ontario. They are:
- West; Terence McKillen & Dave Sims.
- Central; Derek McAllister & Rob Ragsdale.
- Peterborough; Clive Huizinga & Alex McLeod.
- East; David Compton and Bev & Vic Whitmore. This is a new partnership based in the York / Durham region. Thanks team!
Once we are allowed to organise drives, you will get an e-blast and all you have to do is respond to the drive you want to join. The organisers will then send you a map, start time and waiver to sign and bring with you to the event. Stay tuned for more details.
There are a couple of virtual events I can tell you about:
- The 28th Annual Gravenhurst Car Show – Virtual Edition sponsored by Canadian Tire Gravenhurst which takes place from 16th to 23rd June. Vehicles will be listed on the Car Show website for the public to view and vote on. Winners will be announced Saturday, 27th June. Entry is FREE – $10 or $20 donation per vehicle is appreciated to help cover the cost of the event/bursary given to a Gravenhurst High School student entering the automotive industry. To find out more including registration go to https://www.gravenhurstchamber.com/gravenhurst-car-show/
- Aurora’s Canada Day Virtual Classic Car Show. To participate, please complete the Entry Form found at https://www.aurora.ca/en/recreation-arts-and-culture/canada-day.aspx and send a photo via email to Colin Chappell@aurora.ca All entries must be received by Friday, June 18, 2021.
The popular British Invasion event planned for September in Stowe, Vermont is still a go and details can be found at https://www.britishinvasion.com/ I heard on the grapevine though that the Rochester, NYUK Car Show planned for August has been cancelled. If I hear anything further on these or other events I’ll let you know. Of course if you hear of other planned / cancelled events for the summer, please drop me a line.
Please stay safe and let’s hope we can get together soon to exercise our Triumphs. Should you have any questions, please call me.
Dave Sims, President Toronto Triumph Club