Good day everyone and welcome to May Day! I’ve managed to get the TR250 out and about for a few drives since the roads became salt free which has been a wonderful release for both of us after the long winter. I’ve also washed, polished and waxed ALL my cars so they are looking like new. All we need now is the “stay at home” order to finish so that we can prepare for, and announce, a few local drives. Stay tuned!
One virtual event I can tell you about is the 28th Annual Gravenhurst Car Show – Virtual Edition sponsored by Canadian Tire Gravenhurst which takes place from 16th to 23rd June. Vehicles will be listed on the Car Show website for the public to view and vote on. Winners will be announced Saturday, 27th June. Entry is FREE – $10 or $20 donation per vehicle is appreciated to help cover the cost of the event/bursary given to a Gravenhurst High School student entering the automotive industry. To find out more including registration go to https://www.gravenhurstchamber.com/gravenhurst-car-show/
Spring Ragtop has been printed, packaged and delivered to the Post Office so, all being well it should be in your hands soon … although it could be a while because of the impact of COVID on the distribution centre in Mississauga. Let me give you a few teasers of what’s coming:
- “Get to know” Graham John, a new club member who owns a TR6 and TR2.
- Find out all about “Le Triumph TR2 Coupe Franchamps” (pictured above) as researched by Terence McKillen.
- Be transported back 50 years to the New York International Auto Show.
- View some of our Triumphs that posed for photos on “Drive Your Triumph Day”.
- John McCartney (our friend who entertained us with “Turn Left at the Pacific”) talks about the Stag.
- Read the outcomes of Mike King’s exclusive interview with Harris Mann, designer of the TR7 and TR8 … and Mike also tells us about his own TR7.
- Tony Fox drives a 4-wheel-drive Stag.
As always, thank you to all our contributors and to the editorial team of Terence, Mike and Alison for producing another fabulous issue. The summer issue of Ragtop will place a spotlight on the TR4, TR4A, TR5 and TR250 models and Terence has asked me to lead the charge on that so if you own one of these brilliant cars you may be hearing from me!
Please stay safe and let’s hope we can get together for a few drives in the country soon. Should you have any questions, please call me.
Dave Sims, President Toronto Triumph Club