We had a very successful AGM on Saturday where we reviewed our 2019 activities, approved Board and co-ordinator positions for 2020 and then adjourned for a buffet brunch before giving away door prizes. Thanks to Brampton Flying Club for providing an excellent location for an AGM and a fine meal. A total of 34 club members and partners were in attendance.
In summary, our finances are healthy, our membership is increasing nicely, communication via Ragtop, social media and messaging is top notch and we have a dedicated team of board members and coordinators for 2020. Major technical activities for 2020 include development of a new Website and Membership Database to replace some out-of-date applications. As detailed below we are still looking for a Meeting Coordinator, BBQ Coordinator(s) to help Mike, Advertising Manager, half-day drive Coordinators and Regalia Coordinator.
First of all I want to thank both Laura Allen and Don Johnson for their help on the board last year as Directors-at-Large. We shall miss you both. Also thanks to Laura for taking on the role of Volunteer Coordinator for British Car Day, no easy task there! As a result of these departures we have room for 2 new board positions which I’m happy to report have been filled by:
- Randy Irving, Director-at-Large. Randy has been a club member since 2016 and has joined us on many weekend drives in his TR6 with his wife Tracey.
- Keith Stewart, Director-at-Large. Keith has been in our club since 1992 and has held many positions over that time, more recently, Web Master, Classifieds Coordinator and Model Coordinator. 2020 is shaping up to being a very busy year for Keith with a new web site on the horizon. Keith’s cars include TR3 and TR4 models and his wife Chris is the proud owner of a TR6 (perhaps soon to be a Stag?).
A warm welcome to you both!
The following board members will continue in their roles in 2020:
- Clive Huizinga, Treasurer.
- Wayne McGill, Director-at-Large.
- Derek McAllister, Vice President.
- Terence McKillen, Secretary.
- Rob Ragsdale, Membership Director.
- Dave Sims, President.
In addition the following TTC Co-ordinator Positions were approved:
- Ambassador-at-Large: Wayne McGill.
- British Car Day Chairman: Dave Sims.
- Classified Coordinator Keith Stewart.
- Club Historian/Archivist: Wayne McGill.
- Interclub Coordinator: Tony Fox.
- RAGTOP Editor: Terence McKillen.
- RAGTOP Assistant Editor: Sean Doherty.
- RAGTOP Assistant Editor: Alison Postma
- Volunteer Coordinator – Ron Etty (NEW)
- Web Manager: Keith Stewart.
The approved Model Co-ordinators for 2020 are unchanged and are shown below:
- TR2, 3, 3A – Keith Stewart, David Tushingham
- TR4, 4A, 250 – John Lille, Keith Stewart.
- TR250 – Ron Etty, David Tushingham.
- TR6 – Wayne McGill, Johan Aaltink.
- Spitfire, GT6 – Warren Beech, J.P. Gauthier.
- TR7, 8 – Ron Etty, Brad Reynolds.
- Stag – Tony Fox, Robin Searle.
- Herald, Standard, Vanguard, Roadster – Kem Jones.
Event planning for 2020 is well underway.
- Club meetings to include:
- 14th January Club Meeting (details to follow)
- 11th February Annual Quiz Night hosted by Terence McKillen.
- 10th March (date to be confirmed) visit to J.D. Auto hosted by Rob Ragsdale.
- The 35th Spring Fling will be organised by MGCCT; details to follow when available.
- Our annual BBQ will be headed up by Mike Pearse – we’ll try for Coronation Park, however, that depends on the water level in L. Ontario. Stay tuned for further details.
- Canadian Classic – André & Diane Fleury together with Barry & Diane O’Rourke will be looking after the 2020 Classic. Based in Midland and starting on Friday 14th August this year’s Classic will be based in Midland.
- 37th British Car Day on 20th September. To make it all possible we need about 40 volunteers on Saturday and 100 on Sunday.
- Terence and Dave will lead usual long weekend drives from the west end but we need volunteers for other locales too
We still need volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Advertising Manager – working closely with the Ragtop Editor this position involves attracting advertisers for Ragtop and the British Car Day magazine.
- BBQ Co-ordinator(s); this is our best attended club event of the year and after 5 years it’s time for Warren to hand over the reins to a new TTC club member(s) to help out Mike who can be reached at email@example.com
- ½-Day Drives; we need volunteers to lead and organize, especially east and north of GTA.
- Meeting Co-ordinator; we especially need this position to be filled as it has been vacant for 3 years. If you prefer, you can take this on with a pal to spread the load … or even arrange just one meeting in your neighbourhood; everything helps!
- Regalia Coordinator. Responsibilities include sourcing a variety of affordable Club logoed regalia items to promote the Toronto Triumph Club via a web based online store format (currently Café Press). The entire line up needs refreshing. Dion Widrich set this up a number of years ago and he is willing to provide guidance to anyone willing to take on this portfolio.
If you would like to find out more and/or apply for one of these positions, please contact me. Thanks.
Congratulations to our new and returning Board members and Co-ordinators and I look forward to working with you in 2020 to make our club even better. I would be remiss if I didn’t say a huge thank you to all our 2019 officers who have given so much to the club over many years. Thanks guys, it’s been a pleasure working with you and long may it continue!
President, Toronto Triumph Club.