We had a very successful virtual Annual General Meeting on Tuesday when we reviewed our 2020 activities, discussed items underway for the coming year and approved Board and co-ordinator positions for 2021. I am delighted to report that over 40 club members were in attendance.
Thanks to our special guest, Kim Chevalier for reviewing the new TTC regalia available and announcing that every order from TTC club members will receive a free T-shirt with a choice of logo. Here’s a link to Kim’s website https://kingscross-ca.3dcartstores.com/TORONTO-TRIUMPH-CLUB_c_84.html
Also a big thank you to Keith Stewart and Rob Ragsdale who announced that the new WordPress website and Wild Apricot membership database will be up-an-running on Monday 23rd November. When you visit our web site after that date you will automatically be transported there. Rob will be in contact with you over the next few days with some important information on the Wild Apricot site. This has been a HUGE undertaking and it’s great to be so close to the finish line! Well done guys.
The three lucky winners of a $40 gift certificate to the KimPrint TTC regalia site were Steve Bakker, Lionel Klotz and Al Benvenuti. Congratulations guys on knowing the correct answer to our trivia question … and responding so quickly!
In summary, our finances are healthy, our membership is staying above the 300 mark, communication via Ragtop, social media and messaging is top notch and we have a dedicated team of board members and coordinators in place for 2021. As detailed below we are still looking for a Meeting Coordinator, Advertising Manager, and Assistant Web Manager / Classifieds Coordinator. In addition Sean Doherty stepped down from his position of Assistant Ragtop Editor so we are looking for his replacement. Sean, thanks for your help over the past number of years.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Terence McKillen for his contribution as Secretary over the past 5 years but I’m delighted to say Terence will continue his vital role as Editor of Ragtop in 2021 and will continue to serve on the board as Director of Communications. I’m pleased to report that Alex McLeod is taking on the position of Secretary for 2021. Alex has been part of Toronto Triumph Club for many years and we look forward to working with him more closely in 2021. Welcome Alex!
I would also like to welcome Bill Heaton as the model coordinator for the Spitfire and GT6 marques. Bill is a perfect candidate for the role as he is the proud owner of a Spitfire … with a GT6 engine! Bill purchased his Triumph in March 2020, retired in April and joined our club in June.
The following board members will continue in their roles in 2021:
- Clive Huizinga, Treasurer.
- Randy Irving, Director-at-Large.
- Wayne McGill, Director-at-Large.
- Derek McAllister, Vice President.
- Terence McKillen, Moving to Director of Communications
- Rob Ragsdale, Membership Director.
- Dave Sims, President.
- Keith Stewart, Director-at-Large.
In addition the following TTC Co-ordinator Positions were approved:
- Ambassador-at-Large: Wayne McGill.
- British Car Day Chairman: Dave Sims.
- Classified Coordinator Keith Stewart.
- Club Historian/Archivist: Wayne McGill.
- Interclub Coordinator: Tony Fox.
- RAGTOP Editor: Terence McKillen.
- RAGTOP Assistant Editor: Alison Postma
- Volunteer Coordinator – Ron Etty.
- Web Manager: Keith Stewart.
The approved Model Co-ordinators for 2021 are shown below:
- TR2, 3, 3A – Keith Stewart, David Tushingham
- TR4, 4A, 250 – John Lille, Keith Stewart.
- TR250 – Ron Etty, David Tushingham.
- TR6 – Wayne McGill, Johan Aaltink.
- Spitfire, GT6 – Warren Beech, Bill Heaton (NEW).
- TR7, 8 – Ron Etty, Brad Reynolds.
- Stag – Tony Fox, Robin Searle.
- Herald, Standard, Vanguard, Roadster – Kem Jones.
Event planning for 2021:
- Club meetings will depend upon the continuing impacts of COVID-19.
- The 35th Spring Fling will be organised by MGCCT; details to follow as/when a decision is made on whether to proceed.
- Our annual BBQ will hopefully go ahead (?) and will be headed up by Mike Pearse and John Kranyiks.
- Canadian Classic – André & Diane Fleury together with Barry & Diane O’Rourke will be looking after the 2021 Classic, dependent upon COVID-19.
- 37th British Car Day is scheduled for 19th September all being well.
- To make it all possible we need about 40 volunteers on Saturday and 100 on Sunday.
- Our usual long weekend drives will be led by:
- East End – Clive Huizinga & Alex McLeod.
- Central – Derek McAllister & Rob Ragsdale.
- West End – Terence McKillen and Dave Sims.
- … but we need volunteers for other locales too, talking of which Dorien Berteletti called me this morning and volunteered to organise drives in the Orangeville area next year. Dorien has been very active this summer and had found lots of great routes to explore with his LBC friends. Thanks Dorien, you are now Mr. North End!
We still need volunteers to help in the following areas:
- Advertising Manager – working closely with the Ragtop Editor this position involves attracting advertisers for Ragtop and the British Car Day magazine.
- Meeting Co-ordinator; we especially need this position to be filled as it has been vacant for 4 years. If you prefer, you can take this on with a pal to spread the load … or even arrange just one meeting in your neighbourhood; everything helps!
- Assistant Web Manager is responsible to assist with maintaining the website and provide current and accurate information for the membership as well as supervise the use of The Forum. Familiarity with Web page editing software would be an asset but since support and assistance from the Webmaster is available, it is not a limiting factor. The current environment for Web site content is WordPress. The Assistant Web Manager will work closely with the Web Manager and RAGTOP Editor to ensure that messaging is consistent in both media.
- Classified Coordinator will work closely with the Webmaster to manage the Classifieds section of the Toronto Triumph Club’s Web site. Familiarity with Web page editing software would be an asset but since support and assistance from the Webmaster is available, it is not a limiting factor. The current environment for Web site content is WordPress. Additionally, support for other parts of the TTC Web site may be required to support the ongoing development of the Club’s Web site.
If you would like to find out more and/or apply for one of these positions, please contact me. Thanks.
Congratulations to our new and returning Board members and Co-ordinators and I look forward to working with you in 2021 to make our club even better. I would be remiss if I didn’t say a huge thank you to all our 2020 officers who have given so much to the club over many years. Thanks guys, it’s been a pleasure working with you and long may it continue!
President, Toronto Triumph Club.